Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rhubarb Bread Recipe

Rhubarb Bread

1 1/2c. Brown sugar

2 1/2c. Flour

1 1/2c. Rhubarb (cut)

1/2c. Nuts

1tsp. Baking soda

2/3c. Oil

1 egg

1c. Sour milk. (Just use milk that you add 1tablespoon lemon juice to make it sour)

1tsp. Salt

1tsp. Vanilla

Mix well. I usually mix the dry ingredients separate and add them to the other ingredients. This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread. Spray your bread pans with no stick cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the pans then top them with streusel.

Streusel : mix 1/2 c. Sugar with 1 tablespoon butter cut in to make it crumbly.

Bake at 325 degrees for 45 min. ( this is what the recipe says, but mine v
Usually aren't done for closer to an hour.). I test them with a cake tester.

This was my Moms recipe. It is one of my favorite things to make with fresh rhubarb.

I hope you all enjoy this!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. I have an overabundance of rhubarb in my garden at present so will certainly be making some of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx from me too! Over the weekend I harvested/froze a boatload from the garden, ended up with a dozen Ziplocs of 2 cups each, always happy to try new recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much...not sure my rhubarb is ready yet, but the leaves look like platters...it won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Been wanting to try rhubarb. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my FAVORITE spring offerings. Thank you very much for this recipe. Can't wait to try it!

    -Sherry-

    ReplyDelete